Re: Rear shock conversion

To: Fam.Alferink@zonnet.nl, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear shock conversion
From: Trsx69@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 09:56:32 EST
In a message dated 12/13/00 5:06:44 PM, Fam.Alferink@Zonnet.nl writes:

<< Alternatively, couldn't I install the shocks in addition to the lever-arm
shocks and mount them inside the spring (just as Revington is doing)? Did
anybody try this?
With the shock in spring design downward forces are introduced on the
topframe where the top of the spring is seated. Is this why Revington, who
advocates the shock in spring design) speaks of "some minor welding being
required"? Does any of the listers have experience with this system?

We had a customer with this set up installed on his 6, and i was not really
impressed with the design.  The handling was no better than the one piece "z"
bracket design, and much more complicated to fit, for the time and effort i
would stay away from it.  The one design also may need some welding to
strengthen the original shock mount, depending on the type of driving you do.

Best regards
Jim Holewka
New Jersey