TR6 Body

To: 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Body
From: "Rick Patton" <rpatton@clinic.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 23:58:37 -0400
Hi Brad,

I have just removed the body from my 75 TR6 so counting bolts is easy. There
are 16 bolts on each side, one thru the center of the trunk, two rear fender
braces (3 bolts per side), and two front bumper supports (three bolts per
side). That's a total of 45!

This body is fairy heavy as the dash, windshield, doors, and trunk lid are
included. The only parts not included are the seats, hood, and left side
fenders. The body is now sitting on two 4x4's atop four tall saw horses. The
forward 4x4 crosses at the forward floor edge and front kick plate joint.
There are spacer blocks on the 4x4 to keep from crushing the rocker panels.
The rear 4x4 is in the fender well at about the bump stop brace. Most of the
weight is on the front beam. Two guys can easily lift the rear but the front
is quite heavy. I will need to reposition the front beam further forward to
repair the passenger side floor. An engine hoist with a strap would have
been easier but we used a floor jack and a ton of blocking.

This week I'll weld in new frame sections where the trailing arms attach. I
knew those sections were pretty bad but am very pleased to find the rest of
the frame in good shape. A gusset to strengthen an A arm mount has a broken
weld. The factory weld wasn't very good. Yup, this is frame week. I need to
button this project up in before winter settles in and am quickly running
out of time.

Rick Patton
75 Delft blue
Brunswick, Maine