Re: TR6 Body

To: brad1184@hotmail.com, 6pack@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Body
From: LaJoMor@aol.com
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 21:47:24 EDT
Brad....I originally took the "tub" off my frame by myself using a good nylon
web tow strap and an engine puller rented at my local rental shop. Piece of
cake....
The TRF (The Roadster Factory) parts book for TR250/6 shows all the bolts to
be removed. I think Victoria British catalog does also.

My neighbor and I carried the "tub" out of my garage, turned it over in the
driveway and carried it back in so I could remove all of the undercoating
before media blasting. Just guessing but I say it couldn't have weighed more
than 200-300 lb. if that. Now, keep in mind the "tub" was completely stripped
of EVERYTHING...no doors, no seats, no windshield, no nothing! Since the
doors were off I stiffened the tub by running braces across the door
openings. The "tub" is pretty stout but I didn't want to risk tweaking it
when lifting.

Hope this helps....
Larry Morrison
TR250 in Colorado