[TR] Stuck Oil Pan

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 17:35:54 MDT 2021

 i second the use of hylomar.i use a silicone (permatex) to first "glue the gasket to pan. one the gasket is mated to the pan i set it down on a flat surface like glass and leave it overnight. i find that this takes up any of the undulations of the pan.i then use hylomar between the adhered gasket and the motor.i use a a couple of all thread studs about 2" long each side of the motor as temporary guides to help bring the pan into the correct place.
Frank

    On Monday, September 13, 2021, 11:11:37 AM PDT, Peter Arakelian <peterara at msn.com> wrote:

> I installed the oil pan on my TR3 using "The Right Stuff." I now find I need to remove my oil pan. Anyone have any ideas on "creative ways" to remove the oil pan without destroying it?

Why I never use and hate Right Stuff.  When you do get the pan off it will be a bitch getting the surfaces clean.  Use Hylomar next time.

Peter Arakelian

1971 TR6

|  | Scanned by McAfee and confirmed virus-free. |

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html