[TR] Stuck Oil Pan

bill beecher notakitcar at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 13 14:12:19 MDT 2021

My formula for the stamped pieces, oil pan & timing chain cover, is to use RTV on the pan side after a bit of smoothing the bolt holes.  Then the gasket, followed by Permatex Aviation against the block, works a treat, easy off.

All the best,
Bill B
TS30800L

Last night I saw upon the stair,
A little man who wasn't there,
He wasn't there again today
Oh, how I wish he'd go away.... Mearns

On Sep 13, 2021, at 1:11 PM, Peter Arakelian <PeterAra at msn.com> wrote:

> I installed the oil pan on my TR3 using "The Right Stuff." I now find I need to remove my oil pan. Anyone have any ideas on "creative ways" to remove the oil pan without destroying it?

Why I never use and hate Right Stuff.  When you do get the pan off it will be a bitch getting the surfaces clean.  Use Hylomar next time.

Peter Arakelian
1971 TR6

** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html