[TR] Grade 2 lock nuts

Nick Black vintagenick42 at yahoo.com
Fri May 14 07:44:38 MDT 2021

I believe that the usual nuts and bolts on a TR are equivalent to grade 5 or so and they may have been higher grade in this application.
Grade 2 seems a bit “wimpy” here. I would not use such a soft nut especially in this application. Also, do not use “standard” bolts here as the flanges need to ride on the shank of the bolt, not on the tread. Either buy the correct bolt and nut or use  NAS bolts and grade 8 locknuts.

Of course I may be a little “nuts” myself...
Nick in NorCal

Sent from the wilds of NorCal