[TR] Firing up dormant engines

staffel staffel at comcast.net
Thu Jul 15 19:08:25 MDT 2021

All good advise given already! I remove plugs b4 firing up.  am fan of fogging oil, Marvel mystery oil, PB (or ATF). Agree pull coil wire feed to dizzy,  just crank/spin engine for oil pressure. Reinstall plugs, dizzy coil feed wire, prime carbs & go for it.Little more comlicated on 56 Dodge cast iron polyhead V8 I'm working on. TR related- 56 Poly. Has STROMBERG 2brrl Carb.  I cleaned the carb & drained fuel tank. Nine years dormant.  Total brake system rebuild. Master cyl went proof after 49 yrs. Didmake 50 years. American Engineering as bad as LBC & BBC SONETIMES!!!!!!!  :)Sherman 65 TR4, 4 Jags 3 V12s, 5 Jensens 440s & Lotus 907s; 14 Americans 1936-2015.Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S10, an AT&T 5G Evolution capable smartphone