[TR] TR3 O/D Solenoid plate

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Jul 18 06:31:21 MDT 2021

 That reminds me, using the 3/16 drill bit technique (as detailed in the repair manual) to adjust the solenoid may or may not work.  Due to wear and manufacturing tolerances it is not uncommon that the adjustment needs to be deeper than what this method provides.  I found that I needed to go about 1/10th inch (2mm) beyond that to get reliable operation.
I don't remember if this works with the engine not running but if you manually operate the lever you can feel where it engages the valve.  If you see the holes line up before or at this point in the range of movement then you will need to set the solenoid where it will pull the lever even further.

Dave