[TR] 62 TR4 tires

dave dave at ranteer.com
Sun Jun 21 15:46:16 MDT 2020

I have 15 inch wire wheels, 5" wide, 72 spoke.  Its an early TR4 in the 9000
commission number range.

I just checked my date code and YIKES!!!  Its 2011!!!!!

Needless to say I'm in for new tires.

These have less than 5,000 miles on them.  But - I bought the car which had
sat for 25+ years, and put new tires on it so I could drive it after
rebuilding the hydraulics, etc.  Realized the rings were shot but life
intervened.  Several years later I put 89 mm pistons in it and started
driving it.

Now its today and I need new tires again.  Its got 185 / 65 on it now; I'm
wondering how wide I can go?  Obviously tread life is not a concern!!!  And
the car is far from stock; the first and second owners replaced the
generator and did a lot of performance mods.  This is Dallas; I try not to
drive in inclement weather and obviously snow is not an issue.  So I'm
looking at "high performance summer tires."