[TR] needs repaired

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 19:37:54 MST 2020

On 1/30/20 6:23 PM, Bud Rolofson wrote:
> Exactly, I took typing in eighth grade because there lots of girls in
> that class and I was a horny 13 yo.  But my 50 yo typing muscle memory
> will always space twice after a period. Can’t help it.
>
> Busted.
>
> Bud

I didn't take typing in high school because I didn't want to be
pigeonholed as a secretary. In early years I went in to interview for a
technical position with a degree in electronics & almost always was
asked what my typing speed was. When I mentioned about a page ever 2
hours or so, I got interviewed for the job I was applying for. I knew a
woman with a Stanford masters in physics who in the mid 60s worked as a
tech group secretary.

During college when I needed to submit typed papers, I traded typing for
either a homemade apple pie or a ready to bake homemade lasagna. I
single space between sentences only on emails. That is because my mailer
produces strange characters when I double space a sentence. The books I
have authored are all double spaced between sentences and my reviewers
have forced me to use oxford comas. They are not used in technical papers.

TeriAnn