[TR] TR2 fuel gauge

chandler.rick at comcast.net chandler.rick at comcast.net
Mon Jan 27 12:38:30 MST 2020

I lived for several years with a funky fuel gauge on my TR3A. Last summer I
reviewed my wire loom and found that I had not directly connected the sender
unit to chassis ground (my TR is wired as negative ground). My dedicated
ground wire from sender to dashboard gauge was NOT sufficient. Once I had
completed my "redundant" grounding the calibration was straightforward and
stable via the MGB reference. The gauge works perfectly now and tracks my
calibrated dipstick. What a joy to motor with a functioning fuel gauge.