[TR] TR2 fuel gauge

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Sun Jan 26 21:00:54 MST 2020

John,
The MGA Guru is my go to guy for testing too.  I got my guage to read 3/4 when full and just lived with it. Beyond that I’d send the gauge and the sender off to your favourite instrument repair shop, I like West Valley in Calif.  NFI
Bill

“Cactus Jack drinks coffee black......” M.Murphy

> On Jan 26, 2020, at 8:55 PM, John Deluca <john-marie at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Listers,
I’m completing a restoration on a 1955 TR2.  The fuel gauge isn't working.  Wiring is good, gauge was dead.  Finally opened the gauge and found a broken wire.  Repaired the wire.  Using mga guru instructions, I tried, for a long time, to calibrate the gauge.  I can set the Full position, but can’t get close to calibrating the 1/2 mark.  When I get it close, just the slightest pressure on the nut drives it to one end or the other.  Took what I had for calibration and tried it on the cars’s 3/4 full tank.  It read about 1/4.  I’m thinking that because the calibration for 1/2 tank is so touchy, there is a bigger problem.  Any thoughts will be appreciated.
John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad
** triumphs at autox.team.net **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html