[TR] recommendations for using an insert

Cliff Hansen cliff_hansen at outlook.com
Thu Dec 3 12:52:34 MST 2020

If the wood was very hard you could make a drill block. Or use a piece of thick hard plastic, such as a section of Corian countertop. I wouldn’t use e.g. a piece of soft pine, the bit could wobble and cut into the sides of the hole, enlarging it.

I’ll just toss out that you could buy a new tool also (something that often tempts me) Big Gator Tools V-Drill Guide, Standard Sizes 3/8" to 1/2" - Power Drill Accessories - Amazon.com<https://www.amazon.com/Milescraft-1312-DrillBlock-Handheld-Drill/dp/B00F1ZJFZK>  or Milescraft 1318 Drillmate Drill Guide with chuck - - Amazon.com<https://www.amazon.com/Milescraft-1318-DrillMate-Drill-Guide/dp/B014A1Z92I/> these are more for the woodworking community but may serve here.

Cheers,

Cliff