[TR] recommendations for using an insert

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Thu Dec 3 14:21:17 MST 2020

 A drill guide as you describe is a good idea.  I always use a guide like that whenever I use a tap.  If you get a tap started crooked you will never get it straightened out.  I like to use a solid block of aluminum but I have also used square tubing.  Same principal applies when hand drilling.

Drilling a pilot hole is easier to get it centered.  Once the pilot hole is there the other drill bits will self-center.

Dave