[TR] Installing Pertronix on a 74 TR6

William Smith smithw1 at optonline.net
Sat Aug 15 13:58:55 MDT 2020

Robert, I  have a 72 TR6 with a Pertronix but 72's do not have ballast resistors.  Therefore, I'm not positive of what I'm about to say, but it is my recollection that the ballast resistors in the later models are actually in the wire (positive,  I believe) going to the coil.  I'm not sure what  they mean by "in front" of the ballast resistor.....whether that means between the ignition switch and the resistor, or between the resistor and the coilBill Smith'72 TR6 '80 TR7 Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone