[TR] TR4A - This Seems Odd

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri Sep 6 15:26:09 MDT 2019

Lots of variables to consider:
-Butterflies may not be fully closing, lift the piston and shine a light in, should be tight and even all around.  I presume you have solid butterflies?
-positions on the stop levers May be a tad off, keeping the butterflies open
-Jet needle may be set in too high, you could drop them 1/16” and see what happens.
-A friend of mine was given the advice to run the jet barrel adjusting nut all the way up, then loosen the jet needle just a little so it will slide with a little pressure, then return the piston to the body and let the needle bottom out in the jet barrel.  This should bring you to zero, tighten the needle in its new position and open the adjusting nut two turns to begin.   Has anyone else tried this method?  I haven’t but it seems to make sense.

Bill B

Sent from my IBM 8088