[TR] [EXTERNAL] Re: VINs

Wbeech@flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Thu Nov 7 07:59:22 MST 2019

Recently went through the “no-title-title” process in Texas.  Trailered the car three hours away to have a special DPS officer look at the engine number and give me a form, 5 minutes.   Don’t know the reasoning, didn’t ask questions, but in Texas they title from the engine number in cars 1954 and older except for Fords.

IMHO when it comes to older cars, most DMV systems have a way to work around the variants, i.e. 0 v O.  Just don’t go to the wrong window at the wrong office on the wrong day.

Bill

Cactus Jack drinks coffee black......BWS

> On Nov 7, 2019, at 7:14 AM, TERRY SMITH <terryrs at comcast.net> wrote:

An agency that records VIN's, doesn't accept a legitimate VIN????

Why am I reminded of the man who had to prove to the Social Security Administration that he wasn't dead?

--Terry Smith