[TR] VINs

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Wed Nov 6 14:13:02 MST 2019

I just went to get a title on a TR which came with a factory overdrive.  The
old title appropriately ended "LO", but I was told that "Os" and "Is" are no
longer acceptable in titles.  So I had to change the VIN (on the title) to
"L0".  Then I had to call the insurance company to explain the same story to
them and have them send me a proof of insurance with "L0".

Anyone else come across this?  Maybe it has been going on for years:  I have
4 cars with overdrive, but this was the first factory one.

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, MI