[TR] Following up on my rattling shift lever

Dave Connitt dconnitt at fuse.net
Wed Nov 6 12:08:03 MST 2019

Hi everyone,
A few weeks ago that the shift lever in my TR4A was rattling. It was one if those noises that sneaks up on you if you know what I mean. It really became annoying while driving back home from Watkins Glen.
I tried the suggestion of sliding a piece of hose over the end of the shift lever and it seemed to help until I got on the freeway and there it was.
So I got the car up on jack stands and started shaking things and discovered the u-joint in the front of the driveshaft was loose!
I had replaced the 4 u-joints on the half shafts before I left for my trip to Watkins Glen and Stowe , Vt. And at time the other 2 seemed OK.
Oh well,
Dave Connitt

Sent from my iPhone