[TR] oil

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net
Tue Jun 18 21:02:36 MDT 2019

A bunch of years ago I restored an LBC for a guy...original owner from
the early 70's, wanted to rebuild the car as a retirement gift to
himself and his wife...apparent very fond memories.

Long story short.... 110K+ miles on the odo.... when I pulled the oil
cap for a first look, the valves, rockers, pedestals, all were different
colors...looked nearly new! The engine had never been touched, let alone
that the car had sat for the last 15 years outdoors in the weather.?
First tests, the engine still had great and even compression.? He'd been
running Mobil 1 since the very first oil change in 1971.?? It made a
believer out of me. I've been running Mobil 1 20-50 in all my LBC's ever
since... perhaps 110K+ miles cumulative now, without single issue.

Plus...you can buy 4 (5?) quart big jugs at Walmart for well under $30

ymmv

ptegler

--
Paul Tegler