[TR] U.S. EPA Finalizes Rulemaking to Permit Year-Round Sales of E15 Gasoline

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Fri Jun 7 14:40:24 MDT 2019

Even a file is too aggressive and can't possibly get it round enough

Ideally it would be in a lathe but that is really hard to do

The best way to do it by hand is to chuck it into a drill press and spin it. Then use fine sandpaper and remove brass in the desired area very gently.  A thousandth of an inch makes a big difference!  You are likely looking for around 0.005" removal.

I suspect that the mixture is a non-linear function of open cross section area. As the space between the needle and the jet gets wider, I bet the flow gets a lot easier.  There could easily be issues of turbulent flow vs laminar flow as the walls get further apart.

Nevertheless my first approximation assuming a linear function resulted in a needle selection that seemed quite good for my engine.

-Tony

Sent from my 1837 Babbage Analytical Engine