[TR] U.S. EPA Finalizes Rulemaking to Permit Year-Round Sales of E15 Gasoline

Anthony Rhodes spamiam at comcast.net
Fri Jun 7 14:32:07 MDT 2019

I worked on this for my TR4A with stock engine and everything.

I forget the details but as I recall the mixture needed to be a bit richer.  Again, as I recall, pure ethanol needs to be quite rich compared to pure gasoline.
I then computed the added mixture for E10.  Then I calculated the open area of the stock needle in the jet.  I made a first approximation that the mixture is directly proportional to the open area between the needle and the jet.

So I needed to calculate a smaller diameter such that the area was the correct proportion larger.  I then did that for each of the "stations" on the needle specification.

I then used an excel spreadsheet that can search for the closest overall match for the hypothetical needle profile.  As I vaguely recall it was RL.  I'd have to check on that.

I put that needle in the carbs and it runs fine and a wide band oxygen sensor up the tail pipe said the mixture was quite reasonable throughout the full power range

-Tony

Sent from my 1837 Babbage Analytical Engine