[TR] vacuum advance

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 8 11:27:22 MDT 2019

Yup, that’s mine.

I don’t recall the change points offhand, but some TRs had a brass adapter in the front carb body as original.  Those carbs are from my 59 TR3A, but the adapter and nut are original to the carb.  The line was replaced with copper a long time ago (original was steel, broken before I got the car).

The only thing I changed to mount the heat shield was to open up the hole just a bit, so the nut would fit through it.  I think the original size was OK, but it got distorted a bit when the adjacent bend was made.

I told Joe A. about it, so most likely the current crop of heat shields doesn’t have that problem.

-Randall

Sent from Mail for Windows 10