[TR] TR4 bypass hose question

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Apr 19 14:06:23 MDT 2019

Jim, we've debated this often. Its my opinion that blocking the bypass is not necessary, and may lead to unpleasant side effects (like a cracked head). Even Triumph later deleted the sleeved thermostat.

So you might want to try leaving it open.

To answer your question, I've heard that a 3/4" copper pipe cap fits well in the hose. I chose a different route, and tapped the fitting on the water pump housing for a pipe plug.
-- Randall