[TR] IS THERE ANY SPOT ON THE ENGINE'S ROTATION WHERE THE TAPPET FALLING OUT...

Rye Livingston ryel at mac.com
Fri Sep 21 20:42:19 MDT 2018

It won’t fall into the engine it will just become dislodged from it’s appropriate spot. I had this happen to me and with a long screwdriver and a flashlight I was able to manipulate it back into its proper spot but it was not easy. Since then I have taken some pushrods out and just been very careful to get a feel if it’s pulling the tappet up out of its spot in the block.

Someone will probably have a better strategy for you to work that push rod out of the tappet.

Good luck

Rye

Sent from my iPhone