[TR] SU H6 Carb Question

Jim Henningsen trguy75 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 15 12:37:06 MDT 2018

Plunger removed.  The tolerance between the dome and piston is pretty tight so it doesn’t go up and down without a little vacuum that you can feel air pushing out of bottom holes in piston.  This is even with jet completely removed.  I think the tightness is the piston shaft going into the dome shaft.  I have cleaned but still same.  Got the same on another dome. May try another piston.  I just don’t have a lot of spares
Jim

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 15, 2018, at 1:21 PM, Paul Tegler <ptegler at verizon.net> wrote:
>
> with holes in the bottom of the piston how is a vacuum being created?
> main spring in place?
> Are you trying to do this with the damper plungers in place?
>
> The 'click' is simply IS the piston seating completely
>
> ptegler
>
>> On 9/15/2018 11:13 AM, Paul Dorsey wrote:
>>  At some point, I was going to ask the group if I were doing things improperly here. The only way I can get the piston to drop  with a click is to leave the assembly  untightened. What should I do?
>>
>>> On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 9:52 AM James Henningsen <trguy75 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Thanks.  I installed that way and now working on centering jet properly.  My first time doing these do not in a big hurry.  Curious thing is I do t get the “click” of the piston when it falls to base while testing jet center.   Even without the shoe jet assembly installed it doesn’t click.  Seems to be the vacuum in the chamber is acting as a shock absorber.  I’m going to try I a different cover assembly with piston to see if better fit.  Good news is I have a spare set.
>>> Thanks,