[TR] Octane "car of the year" voting and MVC 575 Jabbeke TR2

Don Hiscock don.hiscock at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:16:28 MDT 2018

Paul Hogan, past chairman of the TR Register in the UK, posted this
information today on the TRR forum.  Note that Tom Purves, long-term TR3A
owner, is the chairman of the RAC in the UK.

If you're inclined, give the Jabbeke TR2 your vote and we'll see if we can
get it recognized in Octane (ahead of the Bullitt Mustang, which admittedly
a superb candidate, really wasn't the restoration project of the Jabbeke
TR2!)

BR,

Don

Paul Hogan
<https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/user/2592-paul-hogan/>

   - <https://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/user/2592-paul-hogan/>
   - TR Register Members
   -
   - 1,419 posts

   - Location:Gedling, Nottingham
   - Cars Owned::TRs, Racing, more TRs, fast cars that are not TR's and did
   I mention TR's?

Posted Today, 16:22

Fellow members, Here is some good news for a change that we can all share
in and express our support for MVC 575

Below is an email I received tonight from Tom Purves who was instrumental
in getting Glen Hewitts car  on display at the RAC Club in Pall Mall.  In
it Tom urges us to vote for Glen's painstaking restoration of MVC575 and i
wholeheartedly concur with Tom's thoughts.   I would add that while the
Bullit Mustang   is a significant car in its own right, setting the gold
standard for all subsequent car chases on the silver screen, surely all its
restoration required was some T Cut and a bit of a polish!  Its hardly in
the same league as the restoration work that was carried out on MVC from a
collection of boxes, bits and pieces, so please do  as Tom urges and vote
for our  own underdog , the  TR2.

Hoges.

Evening All
Glen Hewett’s remarkable restoration of the Jabbeke TR2 that set the two
litre speed record and set Triumph en route to successful results world
wide has been shortlisted for the prize of Octane magazine as car of the
year. Please vote to make this car ,a truly British icon ,winner. It may
not have the value of the Aston or the style of The Bullit Mustang but it
was the origin of great value for customers ,wages for many workers in
Coventry and dividends for mainly British shareholders .Remember Mulliners
in Birmingham and The Standard Triumph Coventry production line were
building 99 TRs a day most of which were destined for the USA . The Jabbeke
Car was instrumental in the build up to this ....a level of success never
paralleled by Newport Parnell. If you would like to encourage your friends
to vote for the Triumph that would be great. Thank you for supporting a
brilliant rebuild of a brilliant Important car.
Best Regards Tom
http://www.classican...car-of-the-year
<http://www.classicandperformancecar.com/5751/historic-motoring-awards-2018-vote-for-car-of-the-year>