[TR] TR4 Radiator Overflow Bottle

Alex & Janet Thomson aljlthomson at charter.net
Sun Oct 7 16:23:43 MDT 2018

That same trick should always be used when trying to thread screws and bolts
into soft materials such as aluminum and plastic. Turn the fastener
backwards until you hear a click and feel the fastener dropping into its
thread. Learned that from a chainsaw mechanic many, many years ago.
Especially important when using self-tapping screws such as those that hold
skid-pans on the bottoms of some  cars. Whenever I change oil in my wife's
Subaru, the skid plate has to come off the bottom of the engine compartment.
I can always tell an inexperienced mechanic was involved at the dealership
when we hire out oil changes because the screws are difficult to remove -
they have cut a new thread into their respective holes in the frame when
last installed. Someday, there will be no material left to cut threads into.

Alex Thomson