[TR] (no subject)

Jeff Scarbrough fishplate at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 14:05:13 MST 2018

Paul stopped by this afternoon, and showed me this picture.  If it was
mine, given that it hadn't run in two years and had been drained of oil for
six months, I'd spray some rust-penetrating spray all up in there, and let
it soak for a day or so.  Then, I'd tap the valve with a small hammer to
see if I had any "bounce"...  Then, if it was still stuck down, I'd
probably try The Other Rope Trick:  Put the piston at BDC, run some 3/8"
nylon rope in the cylinder (leave an end hanging out!), then gently rotate
toward TDC and see if it would move it without too much force.  If it still
doesn't move, then the head has to come off.

If it were mine, that's what I would do....

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.