[TR] stuck valve

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net
Sun Nov 18 17:12:16 MST 2018

?? can you rotate the crank knowing the piston in question can go to,
and past TDC without touching the stuck valve?

If you can not rotate the engine and pop that valve back up.... before
pulling the head, pull the intake exhaust manifolds (half way to pulling
the head) look down in the exhuast port and see if the valve has a ton
of crap on it.  Stuck down, you should see shiny metal of the valve that
rides in the guide if the valve is open.... might be able to see if it's
scored from being tight in the guide.

If it stuck down and the piston even slightly tapped the valve, chances
are its bent!   :-(

ptegler