[TR] cutoff tool

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Nov 12 15:43:57 MST 2018

> Anyone have a preferred tool for cutting off rusty bolts?

I don't know anything about the Dynabrade; but it looks like a nice tool.

Still, at less than 1/10 the price (and even less than that on sale), I
think I'll keep using my HF angle grinder for old rusty bolts.  Equipped
with a cheap HF cutoff blade, it slices through steel like the proverbial
hot knife.

https://www.harborfreight.com/4-12-in-43-amp-angle-grinder-60625.html

Although shown with a handle and guard, both come off easily for better
access in tight spots.  I also save old, almost-worn-out cutoff blades to
get into tight areas.

It's only downside (if you can call it that) is that it doesn't know the
difference between the bolt you want to cut, and that priceless casting
right next to it.  Just touching it to the wrong surface will leave a divot.

-- Randall