[TR] TR6 Exhaust

Ron Olds rolds at plausa.com
Wed May 16 16:08:18 MDT 2018

Everyone,

I need to replace the exhaust system on my 1972 TR6.  The current system appears to be custom made.  There is a dual pipe coming off the exhaust manifold which makes the 90 degree turn to go to the back of the car.  This pipe goes from two pipes into one which continues to the rear of the car.  There is a single  muffler in line with the pipes. I would like to replace everything with a new Bell stainless steel system but have some questions.

My first preference is to use the Bell Sport system with two mufflers. If I use this where do I attached the muffler hanger bracket for the right muffler? I have the mounting tab for the left side but don't have anything on the right side to attach the muffler.

My other option is to use the standard stainless steel system with two pipes  and the single muffler which goes crossways.

I have heard on the list many positive comments regarding the Bell Sports system but nothing about the standard system. I plan on purchasing through Empire British Car Parts.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ron Olds
72 TR6
50 MGTD