[TR] TR2 carpet set suggestions

TERRY SMITH terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Mar 9 08:11:43 MST 2018

Hi, Chris.  When I first restored my TR3 in 2004, I went with the carpet set, but found it got soaked and was a pain to take out, dry, and put back in.  Next I went with the rubber mat as original.  I was happy enough with that, except the heel section was thin and wore through in just two or three seasons of daily driving...'course I wore hard soled dress shoes.  So now I have a compromise.  I shopped at Home Depot for flat quality mat and cut it to size using the original rubber mat as a template.  Then I put carpet on top of that.  I definitely don't have anything that runs underneath the seats.