[TR] Another TR4 wiring question

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Sat Jun 2 10:46:44 MDT 2018

"I just bought a 1959 TR3 with a TR4 engine, a pressed-on ring gear and early
starter, a one-piece steering column, early carbs with the banjo fittings
and TR2 seats !  If only these cars could  talk !

Andrew"

That was pretty much how it worked when these were cheap used cars driven by dashing young chaps with much greater aspirations than resources.  Even pre-internet we knew most all the bits from different years of Sprites, Midgets, Spitfires and TRs would bolt in and interchange, and there was never a shortage of rusted out or wrecked cars sitting around for spares.  If it hasn't been recently restored to original it is probably much harder to find a car with original carbs, tranny, motor, panels, etc. than a mix and match model.

Greg Lemon
TR250