[TR] TR4A horn

Carl Sereda carlsereda at aol.com
Fri Jul 13 23:08:38 MDT 2018

Hi,
I think there is a misunderstanding of how the TR4 and TR4A horn contacts work.
The steering shaft is the ground.
The flat brass ring is what the telescopic spring loaded contact rides on while pushing against the horn button brass contact.
The two silver colored tags shown in your photograph are simply there to secure the non-conductive base, for the brass ring, which is wired to he horns.
Regards,
Carl
'63TR4 since '74

Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A horn

Eureka!  That?s it.  Just tried it and it works.  Now, how do I fix it?

John