[TR] Electric Fuel Pump (was Re: 2018 Kastner Cup)

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Mon Jul 9 23:47:14 MDT 2018

> I had installed a Facet fuel pump and found it really loud.

FWIW, most of the noise from the Facet pumps seems to come through the
mounting.  Bolt it to sheet metal, and the entire sheet becomes a 'speaker'.

When I put one in the Stag, I made up a small mounting plate, with rubber
grommets for both the pump, and for the bolts to the original fuel pump
bracket.  The resulting noise level was very similar to the original SU
electric pump (except of course the Facet keeps running while the SU stops
clicking once pressure is up).

-- Randall