[TR] Tires

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Mon Jul 2 18:41:49 MDT 2018

Thank you to Randall and the 14 others who replied, including the amusing
anecdote from Michael Porter about the guy who drove 150,000 miles on tires
inflated to 90psi.....

Reminds me of my lovely wife who had an 8 year-old Toyota  Camry when we
met.  When I asked her about servicing it, she said "you don't understand:
when I bought the car I had done my research on Consumer Reports and this
was the most maintenance-free car in its class"  When I repeated my question
she replied "MAINTENANCE-FREE!!"

Turns out the car had done around 60,000 miles with the original oil!

But I digress.  Tires....   My local Discount Tire were happy to put the
2009 tires on the new wheels, but (given my tendency to drive "in a spirited
manner"), I instead sold the  tires to a local guy with a full disclaimer
and bought new.

Thanks again for the help and advice !

Andrew Uprichard
Jackson, Michigan