[TR] p700 lights with sidelight

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jan 24 13:02:44 MST 2018

> So I had to replace the headlights for the TR3a and got a set of these.
> As you can see in the image they have a "sidelight" wired in the bowl.

My understanding is that they are normally used the same as what we call
"parking lights", and hence normally wired into the tail light circuit. (red
wire)

But since your car already has side lights mounted in the grille, I suppose
there is no reason you can't wire the new ones to be on whenever the
ignition is on.  Typically they only draw around 5 watts (less than 1 amp
for both of them), so there is probably no need to turn them off when the
headlights are on.  But you could do that too if you want, by adding a relay
operated by the headlight switch and using the NC contact to pass power from
the ignition circuit (green wire) to the new side lights.

-- Randall