[TR] Oil pump filter

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Sat Jan 13 19:57:17 MST 2018

I agree.  If the mesh is good, I see no reason to replace.  Having said that, I’d say about 50% have some kind of wear or damage which results in the mesh not being intact.

On a separate note, I once had a new engine which just didn’t seem to generate enough oil pressure.  I started pulling it apart and found I had not installed a gasket on the base of the oil pump.  To my surprise, replacing a gasket made a big difference.  It is such a small and flimsy item, I was surprised it was responsible.

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan