[TR] Converting TR6 rheostat to LED use

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Feb 21 10:35:56 MST 2018

> One note of caution.  Read the instructions that come with a PWM dimmer
> carefully.  Some require that the LED's connected to them are NOT
grounded.
> This can be a real pain the butt for LBC's where everything is metal and
> all the metal is grounded.

Which is exactly why I would say the one you linked to is Not Suitable.

As usual, Amazon won't tell you little things like whether you can use it or
not; but the information is on the seller's web site:

"As with pretty much all dimmer switches, the ground side is switched rather
than the positive side. So you must hookup the output ground wire to your
LEDs."

https://www.oznium.com/led-dimmer-knob

-- Randall