[TR] Converting TR6 rheostat to LED use

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net
Wed Feb 21 15:50:51 MST 2018

Randal corrected my 'incomplete' response (tnx)
see below

all my LBC's have LED's in the dash
since they draw much less current than normal bulbs all you need is a
simple LM317 regulator,
one 5K pot and one 240 ohm resistor

It will be 'warn to the touch, but no more than the old bulbs would be warm

look up the spec sheet for am LM317. truly dirt simple...doesn't need and diodes or caps

ptegler

Paul Tegler ptegler at verizon.net www.teglerizer.com