[TR] Tr3a High Torque Starter

Andrew Uprichard auprichard at uprichard.net
Thu Feb 8 15:07:35 MST 2018

High-torq starters are up there on the “what are the best things to do when restoring a TR3” list, along with overdrives, electronic ignition and rack and pinions (in my opinion).

Remember that you need to match the starter to the gear drive on the flywheel, as you have to for the older starters.

When they come, if you want to utilize your solenoid, you need to bypass the solenoid on the starter.  Or, you can do a very elegant trick, whereby you can use the old solenoid without passing all the juice through it by wiring it as shown in the pic.

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Michigan