[TR] Moving to VT: NET or Adirondack Triumphs?

glemon at neb.rr.com glemon at neb.rr.com
Fri Feb 2 00:09:59 MST 2018

"Also, do any VT members have information about classic car registrations in that state? I see that the state web site says the cars are for “parade use” but I also see these plates on sunny days when there obviously is no parade in the works. What is enforcement like?

 Thanks, Tom"

I am not familiar with Vermont in particular, but most states have similar laws where you can register your car over a certain age for a one time and or reduced fee as "vintage" or "historic" if you have another car registered as a daily driver.

I don't think many places enforce such laws strictly, but I probably wouldn't register my car as such if I were going to drive it to work on a regular basis.  Some states also include "test drives" in the description.  We are always test driving our old LBCs, aren't we?

Actually my state's DMV people park in the same garage as me, so I hardly ever park my historic plated Triumph there.

Greg Lemon
TR250