[TR] DelTran question

DAVID MASSEY dave1massey at cs.com
Sun Dec 16 08:47:23 MST 2018

 Yep.  This is the classic charge procedure used by any "smart" charger such as Marinco, Chargetek and Ctek.  I designed a battery charger that did this.  It used a buck/boost converter and used power from a 24 volt source to charge a 24 volt battery which peaks out at 29 volts.  The tenders implement the last phase only and are intended to keep a fully charged battery fully charged over a period of inactivity.  They almost always work well but I know of one instance where the tender overcharged a battery which vented hydrogen which got ignited causing much damage.  Jus' sayin' keep an eye on it.

Dave