[TR] DelTran question

Stephen Nutt stephen.nutt at sympatico.ca
Sat Dec 15 16:08:24 MST 2018

As this is a discussion about charging, I have a TR5 (similar to a TR250 in US).  When the engine is running at low rpms, the ammeter shows a slight negative (discharge) and the ignition light (no charge light on the Speedometer) is on.  At higher revs (3500), the ammeter shows a positive reading but the no charge light is still on but not as bright.  Multimeter shows a voltage of 10.3 v at idle and 13.5 v at higher rpm (3500) at the voltage regulator wire to the no charge light.  Battery voltage is 12.5 v with engine off.  Any ideas?

Stephen Nutt
Ontario, Canada

First time on this forum.