[TR] Oil Slinger

D&BLambert dblambert at cox.net
Thu Sep 28 16:22:56 MDT 2017

I always thought the concave side went "out" - towards the front of the
engine, which always sounded counter-intuitive to me.  If you wanted to
direct oil back toward the engine, wouldn't you want the "concavity" to be
toward the engine so that when the oil hit the ring it would be directed
back that way?

But, here is the instruction from the Haynes manual, page 44, Chapter 1
(Engine), Section 54, Step 11: "Replace the oil thrower on to the end of the
crankshaft so that the concave side is toward the sprocket."  I'm reading
that as toward the front of the engine.  Again, doesn't seem right to me,
but maybe I am misunderstanding something here.  Wouldn't be the first time.

Dennis

  _____