[TR] Oil Slinger

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Sep 29 01:22:51 MDT 2017

> But, here is the instruction from the Haynes manual, page 44, Chapter 1
> (Engine), Section 54, Step 11: "Replace the oil thrower on to the end of
> the crankshaft so that the concave side is toward the sprocket."  I'm
> reading that as toward the front of the engine.  Again, doesn't seem right
> to me, but maybe I am misunderstanding something here.  Wouldn't be the
> first time.

Just another error in the Haynes, IMO.  TR3 Factory workshop manual says:

"... fit the oil deflector to the crankshaft so that the raised edge faces
the timing cover."

TR4 manual says:
"Position the oil thrower, dished face outwards, adjacent to the
sprocket on the crankshaft and insert a Woodruff
key (134) into the keyway."

-- Randall