[TR] [EXTERNAL] - Re: [NASS-club] RE: Looking for inspiration

David Templeton davidt at opentext.com
Mon Oct 30 10:34:29 MDT 2017

TR6 fan trimmed a wee bit for clearance

From: Geo Hahn [mailto:ahwahneetr at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, October 30, 2017 12:33 PM
To: David Templeton <davidt at opentext.com>
Cc: Triumphs at Autox Team. Net (triumphs at autox.team.net) <triumphs at autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [TR] [EXTERNAL] - Re: [NASS-club] RE: Looking for inspiration

On Sun, Oct 29, 2017 at 4:09 PM, David Templeton <davidt at opentext.com<mailto:davidt at opentext.com>> wrote:

...but the clearance doesn’t allow for the pull, the electric is to supplement the mechanical...

I used to use an electric pusher fan to assist the stock (butter paddle) fan in slow traffic, etc.  But I was always concerned that the electric on the front of the radiator was inhibiting air flow at speed - where most of my driving occurred.

When I finally went with an upgraded (tropical in my case) fan I ditched the electric.  Engine is fine even in 100°+ weather.

In my opinion the red (TR7?) fan you show on there is quite adequate.

Geo