[TR] TR3A Split column removal question

Dave Hogye dlhogye at comcast.net
Fri Oct 13 22:01:44 MDT 2017

Remove the bolts in the shaft coupler.  Pull the steering wheel end clear of the coupler first.  Just grab the wheel and pull.  Then remove the lower end with steering box.
If the coupler is not slipping free of the shaft, spread the coupler joint gap with a screwdriver or likeness.  Index the shaft ends at the coupler joint gap.  I think there are center punch marks from the factory, but just in case mark the arrangement before disassembly.
Replace the shaft's tube bushings too.

Dave H.

Sent from my iPhone