[TR] worn splines on wire wheels

Tom Walling pdqtr6 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 2 18:09:46 MDT 2017

This is really an important safety issue. You don't want your wire wheels to be "free-wheeling" (slipping on the hubs) either when accelerating or especially when braking! I'm sure there is some normal wear on the splines even when properly tightened, but if there is any looseness there, the wear will be more pronounced. Keep the retainers tight and the splines greased and you should have no problems for many, many miles.